Tuesday 10 May 2011

Junior Sports at Nagle Park



Over the weekend, I went to the class field trip to Nagle Park to watch junior sports. I watched both junior rugby and junior netball. The first thing I noticed was how much the park reminded me of going to soccer practices every Saturday morning when I was younger. There were tons of kids, both girls and boys, and of all different ages. It was a social event for not only me, but for my parents and coaches as well. Similarly to my experiences as a child, all of those experiences seemed to hold true for the parents, coaches, and kids participating in the junior sports at Nagle Park over the weekend.

In addition, it was exciting to watch competitive sport that had started at such a young age. It makes it very clear why sport is so important to Australia's culture. Kids grow up watching and playing sport that is naturally becomes one of the most important things in their lives. All of the kids, although seeming to be having a lot of fun, seemed to take the game and its rules incredibly seriously. I am really glad I was able to see the junior sporting events.

No comments:

Post a Comment