Sunday 22 May 2011

Rabbitohs vs. Tigers Rugby League Game



Last weekend I went on the class field trip to the Rabbitohs vs. Tigers rugby league game. This was the first professional rugby league game that I had ever attended. The first thing I noticed was how empty the stadium was. I had assumed that the entire stadium would be filled because rugby is so popular in Sydney and the rest of Australia. However, there were full sections of the stadium that had zero fans in it.

The second thing i noticed was how little security was present on the field. It would have been so easy for any fun to run out onto the field. Every professional sporting event that I have been to at home, such as Football, made it nearly impossible to get out onto the field. I am assuming that fewer security is needed here because fans running out onto the field is less of a problem than it is in the United States.

The professional rugby league game was really exciting to go to because I had only seen rugby at the youth and university levels before. I had seen professional rugby on TV but it was far more exciting to watch a live game. Now that I understand rugby, I wish there was more rugby being played at home in America. It would definitely be something that I would love to regularly attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment